Terms and Conditions for all attendees
- Arrival date for the event is on Monday 22nd of October. Registration will start at 2pm and be open 24 hours at the check in desk.
- Your registration has been confirmed and is non-transferable to any other family events related events.
- If you are unable to attend, you may send someone on your behalf to take your place – you must inform us at least 7 days prior to the event to ensure our records are updated.
- We will not liable if you are unable to attend due to unexpected delays or circumstances whereby entry to the country is refused. We will not be liable for any damage or loss to property or finances due to this including but not limited to flight costs.
- We will do our utmost to meet for any additional requirements you may have requested, however, please know that we are unable to provide any guarantees.
- Fees include accommodation and full board meals from 2pm ‘check in’ on Monday 22nd October until 11am ‘check out’ on Friday 26th October 2018 for all registered attendees. Full access to all programs for adults and youth between the ages of 4-16 are also included.
- Family Events will act in loco (in the place of a parent) from the published start time of the activity until the published end time. We are NOT in loco parentis for the child before or after the published times for activities or drop off.
- Parents/Guardians have to; collect their child on time, tell us anything they feel we should know about their child, be aware that visits to the toilet are in a public building that are used by all. If parents/guardians have concerns about this, they are welcome to wait for and supervise the child during toilet visits or breaks.
- Note that Family Events cannot be responsible for any loss of valuables and that Family Events reserves the right to exclude any child whose behaviour disrupts the work of the group. Family Events has the right to decline over medical concerns or the inability to cater for specific needs of the child. If a child leaves the building without permission Family Events cannot be held responsible for the child’s safety.
- Family Events will be filming and taking photos of the event and the children are likely to be photographed of filmed by Family Events, understanding that these images may be used in marketing Family Events future events. If you do not want your child your child to be filmed or photographed you will need to notify us but this may mean your child is excluded from certain activities. Family Events will allow its child protection and safeguarding policy on all participants. The information provided on this form will be kept on file and is confidential.
- The number of beds in your room will be determined by the room type you select.
- Flights and Visa are NOT INCLUDED.
- The event is taking place during an open week of business. This means that we cannot guarantee moderate dress code in one gender specific area but can assure our customers the areas are kept segregated between genders.
- We advise all our attendees to bring modest swimming clothes which meet Islamic requirements between their own gender.
- The venue holds the view that music is Halal and after consultation have agreed to play non-instrumental nasheeds during our event. However, Family Events cannot take responsibility for any music being played in specific cafes or areas onsite if they breach the agreement.
- Family events take no liability or responsibility for any loss or damage to property or personnel during the event. All attendees are individual travelers to, during and from the event itself.
- All attendees are covered by the normal regulations of the country. Family Events does not provide any type of travel insurance.
As Family Events operates on a breakeven basis, we are unable to provide refunds on any bookings and you will be obligated to pay the full price of the booking even if you cancel after paying just the deposit. If the event sells out and we are able to sell the room(s) you want to cancel we will do so but there will be a £100 administration charge which will be reduced from money paid before any refunds are made.
Cancellation of Event:
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our obligations under our contract with you is prevented or affected, or if you suffer any damage, loss or expense of any nature as a result of “force majeure”. In these booking conditions, “force majeure” means any event or circumstances which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include, whether actual or threatened, war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, epidemics, fire and other situations which are outside our control.